Blog Post 1

Teachers are influenced to use technology in the classroom because it makes lots of tasks simpler. For instance, administrative tools like grading software make it quicker to calculate student grades and not have to manually calculate. Also presentation software like PowerPoint makes it easier to plan and organize lessons, teachers are able to create, save, and even post the lesson online for student's easy access. Students are influenced to use technology because each student has a different learning style and different strengths, such as linguistic, naturalist, and musical. Depending on an individuals learning strength, they can use different forms of educational technology to learn the most efficiently.


The ISTE standards for students and educators are important to put in place. They reflect where technology can take us in a classroom. A student standard that is meaningful to me is the "global collaborator" I think that connecting with others around the world to work together as a team to learn more is the way of the future. It's very inspiring and effective. A teacher standard that is outside my skillset at the moment is "analyst." I currently don't know where to find correct data to "drive my instruction." numbers are not my strong suit. But I can see why this would be very helpful.

A digital native is someone who has grown up using technology, they can't remember a time without technology, like cellphones. I agree with this label because most technology is fairly new, so there are people who do, or do not fall under this label. It's just a term used to categorize people more easily. I have seen differences in the ways digital natives and immigrants use technology. Students seem to enjoy creating videos, Power Points, or creative music recordings for projects. But some teachers who are the "digital immigrants" require their students not the type on laptops and to write with pencil and paper. Some teachers still write on white boards and don't take advantage email or of learning new ways of teaching in a more modern way. I enjoy teachers who use more modern techniques to make learning more interesting.
I can anticipate that some of my future students will be more conscious of new types of technology since there will always be something new coming out. I would love for them to possibly educate me, their teacher, on the ways they like to learn best. I believe that teachers still learn a great deal from their students and I'd love to always stay up to date with the latest forms of technology. It will always keep evolving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 7

Blog Post 0 Learning styles