Blog Post 9


The “flipped classroom” is a different way of using classroom time. Instead of listening to a teacher’s lecture during class and then doing activities for homework after, a student’s homework is listening to a prerecorded video lecture before class. Then, when they come to class there can be more in depth conversations and group activities about what they listened to. It’s active learning instead of passive learning. I think this is a great idea. Students need to have the ability to come to class with a grasp on the topic already, and specific questions so they can absolutely understand the material.

The term "open content" is similar to copyright. It explains what content materials teachers can and cannot use legally online. The four R’s of open content are reuse, revise, remix, and redistribute. "Open source" refers to software. These software source codes are made for anyone to access. Teachers will find open sources very helpful if they’re on a limited budget, and most public school teachers definitely are on a limited budget. It’s extremely helpful that there’s many programs ready to immediately install. Fedena is an open source that offers similar features to paid programs. Schools can easily customize the code to fit their schools needs. Students and administration can log in and have access to unlimited courses. There's human resources, a calendar, financial resources, a login for parents, etc. Compared to paid programs, it does lack some features, but if your school is on a budget this is still an amazing alternative.  

From the first PowerPoint assignment I learned that you can record yourself presenting a PowerPoint presentation while looking at your own notes on the side of the screen. I never knew you could record yourself speaking before this. When I’m a teacher, this ability would be great to use if I were out of town and needed a class substitute. I could just have the sub play my PowerPoint with my own words spoken to the class. The 2nd PowerPoint taught me how to use navigational buttons to create interactive games for learning, not just for shows. Next time, I could use better animations within my PowerPoint shows, though I was proud of both of them as they are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 7

Blog Post 0 Learning styles