Blog Post 10

As a teacher I would like to utilize Excel and surveys in my own classroom. I want to be an elementary school teacher, preferably 3rd grade. I feel like young students don’t get much say in the activities they do, they feel like they just have to go along and do whatever the teacher says. But want more feedback and creativity in my classroom, so I would love to use surveys to have students vote on specific learning activities. For example, I might have the class take a survey on what they have learned so far and what they would like to learn more of in depth. I could also take a poll on what creative projects they might want to do.

I found it really interesting to look through my classmate’s blogposts and recognize the topics that they took a completely different approach on than I did. I thought Bianca’s newsletter for Blog 3 was really cute and she mentioned how she felt like an actual teacher when she made it, I totally agree with her. I also thought Dejah had a super creative idea to make a PowerPoint presentation about the life cycle of a butterflies. Kyle wants to teach digital citizenship to his future students. Based on his attachments it’s clear he wants to teach older students, while I want to teach young students. It was interesting to see his creations directed toward older students and the different approaches he took because of this, such as different layouts, fonts, and diction.


A technology related skill I would love to learn next would be graphic art. I don’t know much about it but I would need to get the specific software in order to create it. I love to paint and I would say that I’m a very creative person. So to be able to create my own images and art for my class would individualize my lessons even more. There’s an endless amount of ways to utilize graphic art software and also Photoshop software. I am excited to get a grasp on this form of art in the future. I will need to watch tutorials and maybe even take a class on how to use the software. I’m sure there’s great online tutorials for me to utilize in order to mater graphic art tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 7

Blog Post 0 Learning styles