Blog Post 7

So far from my experience on twitter, I’ve learned there’s a lot more educational, verified, updated accounts then I knew prior to using twitter for class purposes. Twitter is also helpful to view to what my professor is tweeting. I can see if I forgot about an assignment or if there’s anything important coming up. A benefit of using Twitter for class is the articles that educational accounts will post. If a reliable account posts an educational article, I can assume that they have read many articles or have filtered through articles and enjoy that one the most. Instead of going to google to find articles and news, I can go straight to reliable accounts. I am not experiencing any issues with Twitter so far.

From working on my Web Page Design assignment I have learned a few things from using Weebly. One, creating a website does not have to be difficult, expensive, or time sucking. I’ve learned how to organize a website and add nice images to each page. Also, adding google calendar to my website helped the organization a lot. I don’t have to update the calendar on the actual website, I just have to update my google calendar and it automatically updates on my website too, which is really impressive and helpful. Next time, I would like to make a website that is directed at students and parents. The website I created was directed at parents only, since the students are supposed to be in 3rd grade.





While working with Diigo in class, I’ve found how nice and helpful online communities can be. I enjoyed reading through my classmate’s annotations and different opinions on a variety of different articles. Also, for individual use, it’s nice to be able to read through any article online and be able to highlight important sections and take notes. It’s as if it were on a piece of paper right in front of me. When I read articles, I usually forget where the points I enjoyed most are. With highlighting through Diigo, and being able to switch up the colors, I can organize my annotations now. I am happy I was introduced to Diigo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 9

Blog Post 0 Learning styles